Retro Love Quilt Planning

I made this 9 patch variation block in high school textiles and design class at Narrabri High School in NSW Australia sometime between 1985 and 1989!


Recently I decided I want to make a whole quilt of them!

I already had this fabric leftover that I bought from Wooden Spools to use once before with some retro fabrics for a charity quilt that i finished a couple of years ago.


And I have started hoarding fabrics that I think look retro enough to really blend well with my 1980s florals! I found this fat quarter bundle at Wooden Spools this week YAHOO, so perfect!


And all this as well during my last two visits


So I have plenty of retro florals and I have decided to make this quilt double sided.
Side two will probably be a slight pattern variation just for fun!

I couldn't imagine how this quilt layout would look and was too lazy to do an EQ layout. So I just googled images of nine patch quilts and found this pattern on Craftsy, I don't need a pattern to make this but I did enjoy seeing her great mod version and can now envision my layout with retro florals
But in the end the pattern designer in me won and I got into EQ to design my quilt back with 9 variations on this basic block


So the front will be a 4 x 4 layout of just the original blocks, no sashing.
The back will be like this EQ layout with only nine blocks but sashing amd borders added to make the backing top the same size as the front of the quilt